Putting on Immortality

Joel S. Goldsmith

Putting on Immortality

Postby freelight » Wed May 14, 2008 11:08 pm

Putting on Immortality

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. . . . And the Word was made flesh."

"The Word was made flesh" -- but it still is the Word. By being made flesh it does not change its nature, character, or substance. Cause becomes visible as effect, but the essence or substance is still the Word, Spirit or Consciousness.

In this wise, do we understand that there is not a spiritual universe and a material world, but rather that what appears as our world is the Word made flesh, Spirit made visible, or Consciousness expressed as idea.

- The Infinite Way, Ch. 1 - J.S.G.

* Here we see that all that comes forth into visible expression thru the Word(logos) of the Spirit is immortal in the Mind of God as his perfect creation. The logos is the informing Intelligence, divine pattern, ratio, logic, wisdom of Mind expressing as Creation. All therefore is in Reality, of the Mind and Spirit of The Infinite, His Word(logos) being that 'thought-matrix' thru which all ideas of divine Consciousness are matter-ialized. The 'putting on of immortality' is vesting oneself only in the divine image, likeness, substance and perfection of Spirit that is already invested in the pure original creation that one already IS, his true IDentity as 'perfect Soul'(idea, substance) in God.

We put on Christ, which is our divine mantle of Sonship, our inherent identity as born of God, the anointed realization of our inheritance in Spirit, as spirit. We abide and walk in the Spirit, following its innate intelligence, intuitive direction and wisdom. The Spirit alone is Life and Truth.

paul
All is Consciousness
freelight
Site Admin

Re: Putting on Immortality

Postby ~vin~ » Fri May 16, 2008 1:06 pm

freelight wrote:We put on Christ, which is our divine mantle of Sonship, our inherent identity as born of God, the anointed realization of our inheritance in Spirit, as spirit. We abide and walk in the Spirit, following its innate intelligence, intuitive direction and wisdom. The Spirit alone is Life and Truth.
physical matter is spirit also. immortal matter is spirit in the flesh. was Christ immortal in the material flesh?
~vin~
~vin~

Postby freelight » Fri May 16, 2008 8:56 pm

~vin~ wrote:
freelight wrote:We put on Christ, which is our divine mantle of Sonship, our inherent identity as born of God, the anointed realization of our inheritance in Spirit, as spirit. We abide and walk in the Spirit, following its innate intelligence, intuitive direction and wisdom. The Spirit alone is Life and Truth.

physical matter is spirit also. immortal matter is spirit in the flesh. was Christ immortal in the material flesh?

I'd say only that which is immortal is immortal, even if within a mortal body or context/environment. Only Spirit and Soul as created by God and of Original God-likeness and substance is 'immortal'. How what is immortal and mortal interfaces dimensionally is open to speculation and how we define such terms.

paul
All is Consciousness
freelight
Site Admin

Postby ~vin~ » Sat May 17, 2008 12:06 pm

freelight wrote:Only Spirit and Soul as created by God and of Original God-likeness and substance is 'immortal'.
some eastern religions reject the concept of the immortality of the soul. for example, i attend a hindu group that tells me that my departed mother no longer exists. if we reject the immortality of the physical body, why not also reject the immortality of the soul?
~vin~
~vin~

Immmortality is inherent in divine Soul

Postby freelight » Sat May 17, 2008 8:30 pm

~vin~ wrote:
freelight wrote:Only Spirit and Soul as created by God and of Original God-likeness and substance is 'immortal'.

some eastern religions reject the concept of the immortality of the soul. for example, i attend a hindu group that tells me that my departed mother no longer exists. if we reject the immortality of the physical body, why not also reject the immortality of the soul?

Is immortality of the body(any-body) a pre-requisite or necessity for the immortality of the soul to exist? Or does the physical body (or any-body) serve as a vehicle for the soul? In this sphere, these physical bodies return to dust after your 'term' is over. Your soul or spirit if it continues as a 'conscious being' maintains its 'psychic being' within a spiritual-form or body....enabling your continued 'individual sentient existence' in the psychic/spiritual realm - that sphere the spirit goes to in its transition over.

So,...as a spiritualist I dont see the necessity for the immortality of a physical body (as we perceive such now, in these 'mortal' bodies we now have). - Immortality is in and of Spirit alone. - the soul is immortal by nature, of a psychic/spiritual constitution. It continues in its spiritual body beyond this realm after physical death. All that is visible arises from the invisible realm of existence, the eternal things being those which are not 'seen'. The visible is dependent on the invisible. So,...if spirit somehow could immortalize a more dense/matterial form and enable it to live on earth forever,..that is open to speculation.

I gather IW teaching is that spirit/soul alone is immortal, and no mortality inherits the kingdom, except what is immortalized by the Spirit, being truly spiritual. Practicing the 'consciousness of God' here now, is the kingdom and is that sphere of immortality we enjoy. If we attend what is immortal and glorify its nature, all that is mortal is outshined in the glory of God and 'spiritualized' if you will, or transcended. If anything mortal is 'immortalized' that shall be the will of the Spirit (if such is possible), but in the meantime we have the eternal reality of immortal Soul which we take by faith (spiritual substance), being 'invisible'. Here NOW in consciousness,...let us enjoy the Kingdom.

paul
All is Consciousness
freelight
Site Admin

Re: Immmortality is inherent in divine Soul

Postby ~vin~ » Mon May 19, 2008 2:57 am

freelight wrote:Is immortality of the body(any-body) a pre-requisite or necessity for the immortality of the soul to exist? Or does the physical body (or any-body) serve as a vehicle for the soul? In this sphere, these physical bodies return to dust after your 'term' is over. Your soul or spirit if it continues as a 'conscious being' maintains its 'psychic being' within a spiritual-form or body....enabling your continued 'individual sentient existence' in the psychic/spiritual realm - that sphere the spirit goes to in its transition over.
so what does one say to the easterner who asserts that the 'soul' is temporal? a hindu group is telling me that my departed mother no longer exists. they want me to just forget about her.
~vin~
~vin~

Life is in the soul

Postby freelight » Mon May 19, 2008 7:39 pm

~vin~ wrote:
freelight wrote:Is immortality of the body(any-body) a pre-requisite or necessity for the immortality of the soul to exist? Or does the physical body (or any-body) serve as a vehicle for the soul? In this sphere, these physical bodies return to dust after your 'term' is over. Your soul or spirit if it continues as a 'conscious being' maintains its 'psychic being' within a spiritual-form or body....enabling your continued 'individual sentient existence' in the psychic/spiritual realm - that sphere the spirit goes to in its transition over.

so what does one say to the easterner who asserts that the 'soul' is temporal? a hindu group is telling me that my departed mother no longer exists. they want me to just forget about her.

As far as I know,...there are hindu's that hold to individual immortality and progress of souls. You may want to do more research on this, and the reasons for this groups logic in their belief, its consistency within Hindu thought in general and your own experience and intuition on this. A conscious individual entity is integral to the Whole of Life, their own incarnation proving this, and their place in the cosmos is forever in God, in whatever form or consciosness Life affords.

Joel S. Goldsmith was aware of memories of other-lives or embodied existences, so held that some kind of 'rebirth' of consciousness in various bodies or worlds was a natural part of the eternal journey of the soul. If you know in your heart that your mother still exists in God, then an opinion of another individual or group is their own and not according to your knowledge or experience. Research the value and gnosis of your own soul and what God teaches thru its Light.

paul
All is Consciousness
freelight
Site Admin

Re: Life is in the soul

Postby ~vin~ » Wed May 21, 2008 4:51 am

freelight wrote:Joel S. Goldsmith was aware of memories of other-lives or embodied existences, so held that some kind of 'rebirth' of consciousness in various bodies or worlds was a natural part of the eternal journey of the soul. If you know in your heart that your mother still exists in God, then an opinion of another individual or group is their own and not according to your knowledge or experience. Research the value and gnosis of your own soul and what God teaches thru its Light.
i had terminated membership from the Theosophical Society when some of their members began publicly berating me with dogma that i didn't exist except in a context of my own egocentricity. now they tell me that my mother doesn't exist either. it seems like heavy-duty psycho-manilpulation to me.
~vin~
~vin~

My existence is as true as it 'is'

Postby freelight » Wed May 21, 2008 6:50 pm

~vin~ wrote:
freelight wrote:Joel S. Goldsmith was aware of memories of other-lives or embodied existences, so held that some kind of 'rebirth' of consciousness in various bodies or worlds was a natural part of the eternal journey of the soul. If you know in your heart that your mother still exists in God, then an opinion of another individual or group is their own and not according to your knowledge or experience. Research the value and gnosis of your own soul and what God teaches thru its Light.

i had terminated membership from the Theosophical Society when some of their members began publicly berating me with dogma that i didn't exist except in a context of my own egocentricity. now they tell me that my mother doesn't exist either. it seems like heavy-duty psycho-manilpulation to me.

lol. I have to laugh at this issue of non-existence. :P - which is absurd to the point of being comedic. Most would assume that a coherent spirituality would include intelligence. Existence Itself is self-evident, translated as 'reality', as my own experience. Harmonizing, flowing with and loving this 'conscious beingness' is what LIFE is about.

Joel encourages us -

"WE ARE UNFOLDING STATES OF CONSCIOUSNESS, and our outer experience is never going to be any greater than our inner unfoldment. If we have not developed spiritually to a greater extent by next week than we have at this point today, our demonstration of life and its harmonies will not be any greater or better next week than it is today. The only hope we have for greater health, greater success and greater harmony in our human relations is through the unfolding of our “inner” or “real” conscious­ness."

- Sanfransico Lectures, 1948

The only thing we know about Life or Being is thru the 'life' and 'being' of our own conscious existence. Any and everything is an experience or knowing in MIND.

All is Consciousness
freelight
Site Admin

Re: My existence is as true as it 'is'

Postby ~vin~ » Thu May 22, 2008 1:49 pm

freelight wrote:lol. I have to laugh at this issue of non-existence. :P - which is absurd to the point of being comedic. Most would assume that a coherent spirituality would include intelligence. Existence Itself is self-evident, translated as 'reality', as my own experience. Harmonizing, flowing with and loving this 'conscious beingness' is what LIFE is about.
that's an interesting way to look at it. they pretty much deny consciousness when they view thinking as a bad thing.

Joel encourages us -

"WE ARE UNFOLDING STATES OF CONSCIOUSNESS, and our outer experience is never going to be any greater than our inner unfoldment. If we have not developed spiritually to a greater extent by next week than we have at this point today, our demonstration of life and its harmonies will not be any greater or better next week than it is today. The only hope we have for greater health, greater success and greater harmony in our human relations is through the unfolding of our “inner” or “real” conscious­ness."

- Sanfransico Lectures, 1948

The only thing we know about Life or Being is thru the 'life' and 'being' of our own conscious existence. Any and everything is an experience or knowing in MIND.

how many different books do you read a day? i read from four books a day, but i'm thinking of reading a little from ten different books each week, if that's not too extreme. i don't know if i'd be going overboard, but there are very many books that are beginning to interest me now again that i wasnt really interested in before. some books i'd continue to read everyday, but other peripheral books i should maybe read from just a couple times a week for a page or two at a time. i'm not sure what reading habits are best.
~vin~
~vin~

Spiritual guidance is key

Postby freelight » Thu May 22, 2008 7:40 pm

~vin~ wrote:that's an interesting way to look at it. they pretty much deny consciousness when they view thinking as a bad thing.

In Divine Science we hold a trinity of Mind, Idea, Consciousness. Mind's activity is 'thinking'! - and such thinking is manifested and formulated(energetically in matter/spirit) within Consciousness. All is consciousness, when deduced to its essential origin and recognized existence....for nothing exists outside of consciousness.

how many different books do you read a day? i read from four books a day, but i'm thinking of reading a little from ten different books each week, if that's not too extreme. i don't know if i'd be going overboard, but there are very many books that are beginning to interest me now again that i wasnt really interested in before. some books i'd continue to read everyday, but other peripheral books i should maybe read from just a couple times a week for a page or two at a time. i'm not sure what reading habits are best.

Good question, as I have recently laid off too much reading because it became somewhat intellectually taxing. So, when you feel a strain intellectually, it may be an indication to lay off excessive reading and take a little break, just simplifying your daily routine, but practicing more of a 'spiritual consciousness', independent of 'mind-fill' :)

I love to multi-plex read too,...and usually do a few books at a time,...reading a few chapters of each, shuffling them. Also be aware of what Spirit may be leading you to read and try to follow its guidance, which is very important of course, for the Spirit is Life and Truth...and is our Teacher. The key is 'coordination' eh.

Currently dovetailing Urantia Book, Process Theology, The Light of Truth, and some online source-materials (Spiritualism, Cora Richmond, Zodiac teachings, etc.). - you may be inspired to grab an old book that Spirit reminds you of relative to a current topic/theme you are studying, to enhance the subject. So,...just try to keep things in balance with the intellect and Spirit. Let mind be inspired by Spirit, balancing heart and soul.

Blessings!

paul
All is Consciousness
freelight
Site Admin

Re: Spiritual guidance is key

Postby ~vin~ » Thu May 22, 2008 11:48 pm

freelight wrote:I love to multi-plex read too,...and usually do a few books at a time,...reading a few chapters of each, shuffling them. Also be aware of what Spirit may be leading you to read and try to follow its guidance, which is very important of course, for the Spirit is Life and Truth...and is our Teacher. The key is 'coordination' eh.
i'm going to create a new list of books to eventually read, and then rank them in order of priority. some i'll read daily and some weekly.
~vin~
~vin~

Return to Infinite Way Teachings