A Course in Miracles (ACIM)

Re: evil's place in the world

Postby ~vin~ » Fri May 16, 2008 3:02 am

freelight wrote:Evil exists on the relative, dual-level of perception along with 'good',.....yet the Life of eternal Spirit or 'God' is before and beyond all dualities....being Pure Good, Light, Love. 'Evil' is said to not 'exist' from the view of the Absolute Plane of God-Reality,....only in the sense that it is not a 'reality' there, for 'evil' cannot exist as REAL or a true creation in 'God'. 'Evil' only appears in the relative planes of conditional existence(maya) where there is miscreation, sin-capacity, duality, ego-distortion and ignorance.
does good (the opposite of evil) exist?
~vin~
~vin~

Creation born in goodness

Postby freelight » Fri May 16, 2008 5:33 pm

~vin~ wrote:
freelight wrote:Evil exists on the relative, dual-level of perception along with 'good',.....yet the Life of eternal Spirit or 'God' is before and beyond all dualities....being Pure Good, Light, Love. 'Evil' is said to not 'exist' from the view of the Absolute Plane of God-Reality,....only in the sense that it is not a 'reality' there, for 'evil' cannot exist as REAL or a true creation in 'God'. 'Evil' only appears in the relative planes of conditional existence(maya) where there is miscreation, sin-capacity, duality, ego-distortion and ignorance.
does good (the opposite of evil) exist?

As we hold God as BEING, God's true original Creation is good, being born out of the Essence of what God IS. The inherent nature, form, existence, purpose of creation arises out of original goodness. Existence Itself may be said to be beyond duality-definitives, in its undifferentiated State, but when creation came forth, it was pronounced as 'good'. Otherwise, Existence IS. - and all creative expression from the Spirit of God are investments of good.

paul
All is Consciousness
freelight
Site Admin

Re: Creation born in goodness

Postby ~vin~ » Sat May 17, 2008 6:38 am

freelight wrote:As we hold God as BEING, God's true original Creation is good, being born out of the Essence of what God IS. The inherent nature, form, existence, purpose of creation arises out of original goodness. Existence Itself may be said to be beyond duality-definitives, in its undifferentiated State, but when creation came forth, it was pronounced as 'good'. Otherwise, Existence IS. - and all creative expression from the Spirit of God are investments of good.
much may depend on how we define 'good'. i largely believe that existence simply 'is'.
~vin~
~vin~

Postby freelight » Sat May 17, 2008 6:28 pm

~vin~ wrote:
freelight wrote:As we hold God as BEING, God's true original Creation is good, being born out of the Essence of what God IS. The inherent nature, form, existence, purpose of creation arises out of original goodness. Existence Itself may be said to be beyond duality-definitives, in its undifferentiated State, but when creation came forth, it was pronounced as 'good'. Otherwise, Existence IS. - and all creative expression from the Spirit of God are investments of good.

much may depend on how we define 'good'. i largely believe that existence simply 'is'.

The Universal Undifferentiated, Indivisible, Indefinable IS-ness is wonderful to recognize as the ultimate Indefinity. However,....the inherent goodness, truth and beauty of Creation is 'definitive' as describing what we see, feel and intuit of the grandeur of the manifest cosmos, the wonderful dimensions of existence that exist by virtue of their Be-ing and its endless potential-expressions of Be-coming. Since all Life within the continuum of creation is 'relational', dimension and definity exists within its context as the adventure of 'knowledge'.

paul
Last edited by freelight on Mon May 19, 2008 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All is Consciousness
freelight
Site Admin

Postby ~vin~ » Mon May 19, 2008 2:45 am

freelight wrote:However,....the inherent goodness, truth and beauty of Creation is 'definitive' as describing what we see, feel and intuit of the grandeur of the manifest cosmos, the wonderful dimenionsions of existence that exist by virtue of their Be-ing and its endless potential-expressions of Be-coming.
i still have a hard time reconciling this supposed inherent 'goodness' with the destructive elements manifest in the universe. in other words, we may say that GOD is 'good', yet civilizations have been wiped out during catastrophies, or a comet may hit the earth and incinerate it. i see a lot of the inherent 'badness' of GOD manifest in the cosmos.
~vin~
~vin~

God's Supremacy is Ultimate

Postby freelight » Mon May 19, 2008 7:03 pm

~vin~ wrote:
freelight wrote:However,....the inherent goodness, truth and beauty of Creation is 'definitive' as describing what we see, feel and intuit of the grandeur of the manifest cosmos, the wonderful dimenionsions of existence that exist by virtue of their Be-ing and its endless potential-expressions of Be-coming.

i still have a hard time reconciling this supposed inherent 'goodness' with the destructive elements manifest in the universe. in other words, we may say that GOD is 'good', yet civilizations have been wiped out during catastrophies, or a comet may hit the earth and incinerate it. i see a lot of the inherent 'badness' of GOD manifest in the cosmos.

I see eternal Good outweighing the so called 'bad' by virture of its originality and supremacy within the nature of divine Will which is inspired from the heart of God's very BEING. God is Love. The Supremacy of Soul and its eternal Will remains Supreme, no matter what seeming modifications, calamities, misfortunes or imperfections in the worlds of space/time arise for whatever reason within their own sphere. Still the inherent Will of Spirit undergirds, supervenes in all time and eternity showing the Ultimacy of goodness, truth and beauty.

paul
All is Consciousness
freelight
Site Admin

Re: God's Supremacy is Ultimate

Postby ~vin~ » Wed May 21, 2008 4:21 am

freelight wrote:I see eternal Good outweighing the so called 'bad' by virture of its originality and supremacy within the nature of divine Will which is inspired from the heart of God's very BEING. God is Love. The Supremacy of Soul and its eternal Will remains Supreme, no matter what seeming modifications, calamities, misfortunes or imperfections in the worlds of space/time arise for whatever reason within their own sphere. Still the inherent Will of Spirit undergirds, supervenes in all time and eternity showing the Ultimacy of goodness, truth and beauty.

paul
my impression here then is that a GOD is mostly good and just a little bit bad.
~vin~
~vin~

duality arising only in relativity

Postby freelight » Wed May 21, 2008 5:43 pm

~vin~ wrote:
freelight wrote:I see eternal Good outweighing the so called 'bad' by virture of its originality and supremacy within the nature of divine Will which is inspired from the heart of God's very BEING. God is Love. The Supremacy of Soul and its eternal Will remains Supreme, no matter what seeming modifications, calamities, misfortunes or imperfections in the worlds of space/time arise for whatever reason within their own sphere. Still the inherent Will of Spirit undergirds, supervenes in all time and eternity showing the Ultimacy of goodness, truth and beauty.

my impression here then is that a GOD is mostly good and just a little bit bad.

If we assume this, we are back to 'duality'- comparisons in a field of relativity, the minds natural tendency to contrast everything. We've explored the non-duality of Deity in its Undifferentiated State (as One), and see that only within space/time-relativity does 'duality-contrasts' appear to come into view by nature of the polarities within creation. Duality appears as a feature within relativity, woven within creation and its procreational play (male/female; positive/negative; yin/yang; good/evil aspects). This would be the field of 'perception', yet the Course calls us to go beyond 'perception' into 'knowledge' of our Oneness with Spirit as Gods true creation (the Sonship). Duality-perception has its place, but only as a stepping stone to carry us into the Original and Eternal Knowledge of spiritual unity that is beyond division.

We might use the Garden of Eden story as 'metaphor' here, in that our partaking of the Tree of knowledge of good/evil duality enables us to have a degree of 'perception' to then carry us into a higher more original 'knowledge' of the Oneness of Life, represented by the Tree of Life. The tree of Life is guarded only until the initiate is ready, having processed and transcended the knowledge of duality, making himself receptive to the eternal Source that is before, behind and beyond all duality, the Spirit.

paul
All is Consciousness
freelight
Site Admin

Re: duality arising only in relativity

Postby ~vin~ » Thu May 22, 2008 1:33 pm

freelight wrote:If we assume this, we are back to 'duality'- comparisons in a field of relativity, the minds natural tendency to contrast everything. We've explored the non-duality of Deity in its Undifferentiated State (as One), and see that only within space/time-relativity does 'duality-contrasts' appear to come into view by nature of the polarities within creation. Duality appears as a feature within relativity, woven within creation and its procreational play (male/female; positive/negative; yin/yang; good/evil aspects). This would be the field of 'perception', yet the Course calls us to go beyond 'perception' into 'knowledge' of our Oneness with Spirit as Gods true creation (the Sonship). Duality-perception has its place, but only as a stepping stone to carry us into the Original and Eternal Knowledge of spiritual unity that is beyond division.

We might use the Garden of Eden story as 'metaphor' here, in that our partaking of the Tree of knowledge of good/evil duality enables us to have a degree of 'perception' to then carry us into a higher more original 'knowledge' of the Oneness of Life, represented by the Tree of Life. The tree of Life is guarded only until the initiate is ready, having processed and transcended the knowledge of duality, making himself receptive to the eternal Source that is before, behind and beyond all duality, the Spirit.

paul
okay, so i need to get past the dualistic perspective. i probably keep falling back into it due to being influenced by many of the people around me in my life, much like an alcoholic may lapse into drinking when surrounded by others who provide negative influences. most everyone whom i associate with is somehow stained by dualism in their thinking.
~vin~
~vin~

Postby freelight » Thu May 22, 2008 7:03 pm

~vin~ wrote:okay, so i need to get past the dualistic perspective. i probably keep falling back into it due to being influenced by many of the people around me in my life, much like an alcoholic may lapse into drinking when surrounded by others who provide negative influences. most everyone whom i associate with is somehow stained by dualism in their thinking.

Actually my stance is recognizing both non-dual and duality perspectives because they are features within the Universal One. (Duality arising within Unity, Unity undergirding duality). I advocate universal vision, holsitic integration, the synergy of all dualities in the Primal Unity of Life.

paul
All is Consciousness
freelight
Site Admin

Postby ~vin~ » Thu May 22, 2008 11:36 pm

freelight wrote:Actually my stance is recognizing both non-dual and duality perspectives because they are features within the Universal One. (Duality arising within Unity, Unity undergirding duality). I advocate universal vision, holsitic integration, the synergy of all dualities in the Primal Unity of Life.
are you saying to embrace dualism then?
~vin~
~vin~

nothing to embrace

Postby freelight » Fri May 23, 2008 12:44 am

~vin~ wrote:
freelight wrote:Actually my stance is recognizing both non-dual and duality perspectives because they are features within the Universal One. (Duality arising within Unity, Unity undergirding duality). I advocate universal vision, holsitic integration, the synergy of all dualities in the Primal Unity of Life.

are you saying to embrace dualism then?

Recognize each thing within its field of context. Does one need embrace anything? Merely observe, and note.

paul
All is Consciousness
freelight
Site Admin

Re: nothing to embrace

Postby ~vin~ » Fri May 23, 2008 9:59 pm

freelight wrote:Recognize each thing within its field of context. Does one need embrace anything? Merely observe, and note.
okay, thanks.
~vin~
~vin~

Blessing

Postby freelight » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:59 am

Blessings all,

May the One Pure Light illumine all in Love, where there is perfect wholeness, healing and liberty.

paul
All is Consciousness
freelight
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Urantia Papers and A Course in Miracles